We hope you, your friends & family are all well.
We have now reopened the Nursery, Café and some of our Well Being in the Wild weekly classes and retreats.
Due to social distancing measures we have introduced an online booking system for both the Café and Nursery.
Please note: It is still possible to visit the nursery without a booking although helpful if you are able to book beforehand.
We look forward to welcoming you back, safely and in line with government advice, and would like to thank you all for your continued support, Vicky, Helen and the Team x x x
The Nursery & Garden Shop Opening Hours
Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
We also continue to take telephone and online orders.
We welcome you back to the café, where we have reduced our covers from 60 to 20, so that we can ensure maximum social distancing and safety. We have created a cosy and calm space for our guests who simply want a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of cake or legendary cheese scone.
We are also offering a delicious breakfast and lunch menu, freshly prepared by Kate and Mandy, using fresh, locally sourced and home grown (where possible) ingredients. We are able to cater for all dietary requirements and have a large range of vegetarian and vegan alternatives.
We have also converted our log cabins to offer a private dining space for up to 6 or 8 guests (8 if all the guests are from the same household.)
Cafe Opening Hours
Tuesday - Friday: 9am - 3pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Our takeaway cafe service is still available through our website and will continue to be updated with some of our favourites.
There will be a maximum of 6 participants in each class to ensure that social distancing is maintained, please bring your own mat and water with you.
Please arrive at the garden centre via the main entrance where we will book you in and take you down to the lake.
Olive’s Café is open for tea/ coffee & cake, brunch & lunch for after the class. We recommend booking a table in advance.
Our Current Covid-19 Measures put into place for everyones health and safety
Our primary focus is the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers. This has led us to re-open in a very considered way. We will review this each month, or more often if necessary, responding to government guidelines and customer and staff feedback. We have new protocols in place to make your visit as safe and relaxing as possible, please see below.
What to Expect on Arrival
- We have put into place a one-way system on arrival into the cafe/shop and on exiting.
- Hand sanitising stations are in place to use on arrival, throughout your visit and on departure.
- In line with the latest government guidelines we require you to wear a mask whilst browsing the garden shop and entering the cafe before you are seated.
- We also ask you to maintain the 2m social distancing rule between people who are not from the same household at all times.
- When visiting the Cafe if you have not booked in advance we will need to record your name, phone number and time of visit. This information will be kept for three weeks and stored securely in line with Data Protection Regulations.
- Till operators have been advised on how to serve the customer and process their transaction whilst maintaining a safe social distance.
- Card payments only.
Our Enhanced Cleaning and Safety Measures
- We have carried out full risk assessments of each area of the nursery, shop, cafe, classes and retreats.
- We have increased our cleaning routines to ensure the areas around the café, shop and nursery where there is greater customer usage, ie. inside and outside door handles, card machines, are all sanitised regularly throughout the day on top of our daily cleaning routines.
- Extra sanitising products for staff have been brought in on top of our usual hygiene procedures.
- Employees' temperatures are checked each day.
You will see clear signage in our toilets to highlight the importance of hand washing and social distancing whilst using the facilities. We have also installed disposable hand towels. The toilets are also deep cleaned and fully sanitised each day and at regular intervals throughout the day.
Health Status of our Customers
If you are not feeling well, we ask you to postpone your visit with us until you’re feeling better.
Health Status of Employees
Our staff are required to follow an illness reporting procedure should they have any symptoms, in line with industry standards.