March Gardening Jobs
We were lucky with the weather in February, at the moment the monthly forecasts for March are predicting showers but average or above average temperatures. So, fingers crossed for a good gardening month.
March Gardening Jobs:
- Start tackling the weeds early on
- Apply slug pellets to your garden, why not try our Eraza Zero Killer, which is organically certified @ £7.99 for 725 g
- On drier days get the mower out, remembering to set the blades high
- Plant new fruit trees and mulch existing ones
- Top dress containers with fresh compost
- Plant shallots, onions set’s and early potatoes
- Plant summer flowering bulbs, pop in to shop our superb range
- Sort out overgrown perennials by lifting and dividing
- Prune bush and climbing roses
- Deadhead faded daffodil flowers as this will strengthen them for next year, but the leaves should be left for about another 6 weeks.