We are excited to announce that we’re now offering Wine & Spirit Education Trust courses at Lime Cross Nursery.
This is a beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin. Courses will take place over a full day from 10 am until 5 pm in our newly installed ÖÖD house.
What you’ll learn:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- 6 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Students will receive the Foundation Certificate Study Guide
- Examination consists of 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
£185 per person, which includes lunch at our onsite café, tea& coffee.
Saturday 24th November, 10-5pm
Please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.