Wild Garlic Cheese Scone Recipe
It’s that wonderful time of year where greenery starts popping up here there and everywhere. Why not forage some delicious, fragrant wild garlic and bake some irresistible cheese scones.
Wild garlic is easy to recognize, we found this great guide on the Country File website and a delicious recipe below on The National Trust website.
- Heat the oven to 220c/425f/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the cheese and chopped garlic, then the milk to get a soft dough
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/3/4in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to stamp out rounds and place on the baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool ona wire rack.(recipe from The National Trust)